If you are like me, you need coffee or some other form of caffeine to get you going! I am always on the lookout for locally owned coffee places, the corporate joints are just fine but sometimes lack the coziness and friendly environment that I like.
Archive for month: September, 2012
If you are currently renting and are considering purchasing a home you may need to check a few things before you begin your search. One of the most important things to know before you venture into home ownership is what your credit score is.
Your credit score will tell you everything about your credit history and this is what lenders will be looking at when deciding whether to approve you for a home loan. You may have thought you were doing everything right but your credit score will be the deciding factor. Read more
If you have a craving for pizza but don’t want the run of the mill chain pizza place or yet another trip to Peter Piper Pizza with the kids you must head over to historic downtown Glendale. La Piazza Al Forno will not disappoint.
This wood fired brick oven pizzeria uses only the freshest and best ingredient to create their spectacular pizzas. House made mozzarella, San Marzano tomatoes and home made dough and fresh toppings are what make this pizza so good. So much so that La Piazza Al Forno is a VPN certified Neapolitan Pizzeria. Read more
If you are planning on selling your home you have many options these days. There are many real estate agents to select from; some homeowners may opt to try to sell their home themselves. This is a large undertaking and not to mention a time consuming project. Here are some tips for those wanting to venture into a For Sale by Owner or FSBO.
Make sure to price your home correctly. To do this you may need to do a bit of research on what home prices in your area are. You don’t want to be overpriced and you certainly want to get the most that you can. The first two weeks your home goes on the market are crucial; this is when buyer’s interest levels are higher. Read more
Forty years ago Jim Cerreta Sr. founded Cerreta Candy Company, located in downtown Glendale, Arizona. The family run business involves all four of Jim’s sons, doing everything from making the delicious confections to handling the sales to the local grocery stores and in house store. Even the wives are involved giving daily tours to the public and the fourth generation of sons are learning the trade too.
If you have never tried a piece of Cerreta Candy you are missing out. They are fantastic and what makes it even better is that they are a locally made product. Read more
It’s Sept. in Arizona, the kids are settled into school and even though the weather is still a bit more hot and humid than I would like, I can’t help but get a sense that “Fall is in the Air”. With cooler weather just around the corner my thoughts turn to my home and all the projects that I would like to do around the house as we get ready to really enjoy the great outdoors in Arizona.
1. Don’t base the sale of your home on the season. Yes, spring may typically be a busier time of year for home sales, but homes are purchased year round. Use your homes amenities, like perhaps a fire place to showcase how lovely your home can be during the winter months too!
2. The contract process is complex. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and read the fine print before signing. You really want to understand what you are responsible for and what the buyer is expecting. Speak with your attorney or real estate agent if you have questions. Read more
You have just purchased your fabulous home in the Glendale area. You have signed off on all the paperwork and made sure your home is insured but have you thought about getting a home warranty? Chances are you haven’t given that much thought. Here are some insights on what a home warranty is and why it could save you money in the long run.
A home warranty is different from homeowner’s insurance in that the insurance covers the structure of your home, your personal belongings and liability coverage if someone gets injured on your property. A home warranty covers things like your appliances and household operating systems like plumbing, electrical, and heating and cooling systems. Read more
1. First off you will want to make a list. If you write things down you won’t forget things. For example you may want to make a packing list. So for every box you pack you will have the box numbered with the contents listed clearly on the box. This will help not only you but the movers as well. If items are clearly labeled kitchen then the movers won’t put that box in a bedroom. You will also know exactly what is in the box when you go to look for that coffee cup the morning you wake up in your new home. Read more
Football season has officially started! Now where to go to watch the games, get some great food and drinks and hang out with your buddies. There are lots of great locales in the west valley near the Glendale and Peoria areas. Here are some top picks.
R.T. O’Sullivans Sports Grill located on Bell Road and 59th Avenue has just what you are looking for in a neighborhood sports bar. Food is your typical bar fare from appetizers like wings, nachos and potato skins. Read more
- Get Fit In 2019
- Holiday Events And Activities Around The Valley
- The Christmas Season Is A Season Of Helping Others
- Second Annual Fall Festival Recap
- Upscale Dining and Retail Coming to Peoria
- Smart Devices For Your Home Worth Purchasing
- Peoria’s Fresh New Restaurants – COMING SOON!
- Tee It Up in the West Valley at These Top Golf Courses