If your current home isn’t blessed with a large backyard, or your pooch is friendlier and more social than most, finding a great dog park may be of the utmost importance to you. Here in the Valley of the Sun, fellow dog lovers are always on the lookout for outdoor recreational options for their pets. These may fit the bill:
- Grovers Basin Dog Park, located at 20th Street at Grovers Ave in Phoenix. This 2.3- acre dog park is divided into two separate fenced enclosures, one for small dogs and one for large dogs. The park has running water for the dogs to drink, as well as pooper scoopers.
- Paradise Valley Park, located at 17642 N. 40th St in Phoenix. The dog park is located in the west end of the park north of the softball fields, and features 2.4 acres of grass and two ramadas with tables and benches. This park also has chilled drinking fountains for dogs (and humans) plus two double-gated, separate fenced areas for large and small dogs.
- Chaparral Dog Park, located at 5401 N. Hayden Road, Scottsdale, AZ, features a 2 acre fenced area of dogs.
- Surprise Dog Park, located at 15930 N. Bullard AvenueSurprise, AZ. This 1.5-acre dog park is located in Community Park. It has a small dog area as well as a large dog area. The dog park is open from sun up until 10 pm and provides drinking fountains for dogs and people.
- Desert Horizon Park, located at 15444 N 100th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, featuring one fenced area for all dogs. There is a large grass area, shaded seating for humans, and a fountain for the dogs.
- Foothills Dog Park and Dog Run, located at 19021 North 57th Drive, Glendale, AZ 85308. This park features an agility course as well as divided by size fenced play areas for the dogs, as well as drinking fountains. Humans will enjoy the shaded benches and the lighting for evening visits. This park is closed on Wednesdays for maintenance.
Learn about homes and neighborhoods here.