If you live on the west side of town in the Glendale, North Phoenix or North Peoria area I am sure you have found yourself on a Sunday morning looking for a breakfast place that isn’t a hike to get to. Well, it has arrived! The Good Egg has opened a location on Happy Valley Road and 39th Avenue. Read more
Archive for month: September, 2012
If you are still leasing a home or apartment, now would be the time to take the leap and venture into home ownership. There are many reasons why it makes sense now more than over to own your own home.
1. Mortgage rates are so low! It’s incredible, just ask your parents what their interest rate was when they bought their first home. You’ll be amazed at the difference. You can get a 30 year fixed rate loan at about 5%. Of course many things will be taken into consideration when the bank decides what rate to give you, but low rates are out there.
2. Real estate is a fantastic investment. Plan to be in it for the long haul unless you are a real estate investor. It is great to have a diversified portfolio and home prices will go back up, they are already showing signs in that direction. Read more
Elise: Well does this home have most of what you are looking for? How do you feel about the house? It is often difficult to not give my personal opinion on a home when I know that my client is looking to me for my guidance and expertise. If the home you are considering meets most of their criteria, then I do think they should say “Yes to the Home”, but if there is some hesitation regarding price and/or condition then my suggestion would be to keep looking. If it is the right home, I believe you will know it pretty quickly. Read more
I can clearly remember waking up on 9/11/01 in my apartment in Long Island, NY. Just another typical day, I was going to start my final semester at St. John’s University in Queens, NY that week. My phone rang early and my friend said turn on the TV….what? I just woke up what the heck, but I did and could not believe my eyes!
There was no one on the roads that day, neighbors chatted with each other in the streets. You could hear fire trucks with sirens blaring racing into Manhattan, they were the only ones on the roads that day. I, like so many others sat glued to the TV for updates. I had family and friends that lived and worked in the city. I was eagerly awaiting for word from them that they were ok…..thankfully they all were but had harrowing tales of what they saw. Read more
If you live in the Glendale area you may have driven past the Foothills Recreation and Aquatics Center, located on Union Hills Drive and 55th Avenue. This beautiful 5,400 square foot facility has something for everyone to enjoy and you don’t have to be a resident to enjoy it.
The center features a state of the art fitness center with cardiovascular and strength training equipment. They also have an indoor walking and jogging track, great for keeping up with your workout even when it is so hot outside. There is an indoor gymnasium with basketball and racquetball courts; there is even a rock climbing wall. Whatever your interest is they offer a great way to stay in shape. They also have personal trainers and nutritionists on staff to help you achieve your goals. Read more
Living in the Greater Phoenix area we are blessed with having beautiful weather nearly year round. With the fantastic weather we have many places which offer al fresco dining, and most restaurants in the area with patio seating welcome not only you but your four legged companion. The Glendale area has many wonderful locations you can check out.
The AJ’s patio at 67th Avenue and the 101 has many furry friends enjoying a morning cup of Joe with their owners, well maybe they are lapping up some cold water but it’s all relative. It is a relaxing atmosphere with the covered patio area and lots of seating. AJ’s has many delightful choices for you and your pet whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner and even dessert. Another patio area that is nearby is the Starbucks just north of the 101 and 67th Avenue, they have a very nice patio area and I have seen many dogs just hanging out. Read more
We all hear about the steps we should take when selling our home; however have you thought about things you should NOT do when trying to sell your home? There are so many no no’s that seem simple enough but are often over looked.
When your home is being shown to prospective buyers, don’t be there. As much as you love your home and have taken pride in decorating it to your tastes the potential buyers may be uncomfortable discussing what they like or don’t like about the home. You may also say too much without meaning to, which may put off a potential buyer. Read more
So you say you’re new to the Valley of the Sun, well join the millions of transplants that already live here. Chances are you came from somewhere in the country with seasons, well we don’t really have seasons here so that is your first adjustment, but here are some big no no’s when it comes to living here.
1. Don’t think that just because it is a dry heat that it’s not hot or you don’t need to drink fluids. You must hydrate yourself, regularly! Take a bottle of water out with you, stop and grab a soda, iced tea anything. Just drink!
2. So you go to step in the shower and didn’t really look before getting in, and oops stepped on a scorpion. OUCH! Well lesson learned, you moved to their territory and they have been here millions of years before you. They are not going anywhere so, look before stepping! Read more
- Upscale Dining and Retail Coming to Peoria
- Smart Devices For Your Home Worth Purchasing
- Peoria’s Fresh New Restaurants – COMING SOON!
- Tee It Up in the West Valley at These Top Golf Courses
- Back to School Tips
- Buckeye Is One of The Country’s Fastest Growing Cities
- Why Your House May Not Be Selling
- Mortgage 101